Memories are timeless treasures of the heart.


Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Bases are Offically Loaded

Bases are loaded. Our third baby is due to arrive at the end of April or the beginning of May. Another baby, another miracle. Each pregnancy has been slightly different than the last. This time around, I have been extra blessed to hardly have any nausea. Instead of the nausea, I have extra tears. And by extra,  I mean that I tear up over the littlest things; like for instance, dances on Dancing with the Stars, watching Grey's Anatomy, listening to a priceless and heartwarming conversation between Mady and her friend, Ella, and we can't forget those ultrasounds and monthly OB checkups.

Every pregnancy, I am always amazed at the miracle of a child. I thought that since this was our third round, that the excitement and amazement wouldn't be as strong. But I was wrong. Each ultrasound has left me in tears.  As early as 7 weeks we saw a heartbeat flicker. At 10 weeks we saw a perfectly formed, wiggly, baby. At our (almost)12 week appointment, the Doctor wasn't able to pick up a heartbeat on the Doppler so he did a quick scan. The ultrasound showed that "Georgie" (nickname courtesy of big sister Mady) was wiggling and bouncing all around. But at 12 weeks, there were tiny, perfectly formed hands that were waving around and tiny legs and feet that just couldn't hold still. Simply amazing.

Maybe it's because I am feeling so good this time around , or that I'm extra emotional, or perhaps because I know this will be my last pregnancy (and yes, I did say that with Elly, but God trumped our plans with HIS plans) but I am soaking in and enjoying this pregnancy more than I have the last two.

Although I wasn't quite ready for this pregnancy, but after seeing the little miracle growing inside, I can't help but feel EXTRA blessed to be loading the bases with a third Gibson baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment